Join us as we fill at least 100 buckets with relief supplies for victims of recent Hurricanes. Pick up your bucket in the lobby starting Sunday, September 10. Each bucket will contain a list of supplies for you to purchase and place inside. Then return the bucket to the lobby by Sunday, September 24. The approximate cost of the supplies is $65.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING BUCKETS
- Use 5 gallon bucket with lid
- Liquid laundry detergent – One 40 to 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) only
- Liquid household cleaner
- 12 to 24 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water
- No spray cleaners
- Dish soap – 16 to 28 oz. bottle any brand
- 1 can air freshener – Aerosol or pump
- 1 insect repellant spray – 6 to14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
- 1 scrub brush – Plastic or wooden handle
- 18 cleaning wipes – Handi Wipes or reusable wipes
- No terry cleaning towels
- Remove from packaging
- 7 sponges – No cellulose sponges due to mold issues. Remove from wrapper.
- 5 scouring pads – Remove from wrapper
- No stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
- 50 clothespins
- Clothesline (cotton or plastic) – One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines
- 24-roll heavy-duty trash bags at 1.5 to 2 mil thick 33 to 45 gal size – Remove from the box
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves – Should be durable enough for multiple uses. Remove from packaging.
- 1 pair work gloves – cotton with leather palm or all leather
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket, fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins, and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
- All items must be new
- All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
- If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
- If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicating what has been omitted
Deliver to HUMC by Sunday, September 24.