Youth Ministry Leader – Full Time
Hempfield United Methodist Church – Lancaster, PA 17601
Hempfield United Methodist Church (HUMC) is an established church located in Lancaster, PA with a clear Vision: “To know Jesus and make him known”. HUMC is seeking a full-time Youth Ministry Leader who will work together with the Youth Council in growing an exciting, fun youth program. This position will report to the Pastor of Discipleship.
- Be a follower of Jesus with a personal passion to teach Biblical knowledge through meaningful experiences that develop the faith of Youth.
- Weekly facilitate youth programs that will challenge youth in areas of: worship, small groups, and in recruiting volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Youth Council, develop creative monthly youth programs that will provide an opportunity for them to deepen their faith.
- Assist Pastors in teaching Confirmation classes and occasional preaching.
- Advocate for Youth for their hopes, aspirations, visibility and growth with the Pastors and HUMC congregation.
- 3+ years experience in leading and teaching as a Youth Leader.
- Model Christ-like behavior in nurturing relationships with Youth.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work with Youth, Youth Council parents, staff and congregational volunteers.
- Excellent computer skills using social media and church software.
- Ability to remain current on creative Youth Ministry programs.
- Clearances: PSP Criminal Record check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint, Valid PA driver’s license.
- Coordinating local Mission trips. Occasional travel may be required.
- Musical ability would be a plus.
Excellent salary and benefit package, including PTO, and continuing education reimbursement. Resumes and salary requirements may be submitted to: email@example.com – EEO employer – www.hempfieldumc.org