Director of Worship – Full Time
Hempfield United Methodist Church
3050 Marietta Ave.
Lancaster, PA 17601
Hempfield United Methodist Church is an established church located in Lancaster, PA with a clear vision: “To know Jesus and make Him known.” We are seeking a full-time Director of Worship to plan contemporary and traditional worship services that are centered in the adoration and glorification of God. This position will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the authority of the Bible and agreement with the doctrines expressed in the Apostles Creed.
- 2-3 years of worship leading experience in a ministry setting.
- A gifted vocalist who is capable of leading worship with an instrument (preferably guitar or piano).
- Ability to read Scripture, pray, and verbally interact with a congregation during worship.
- A proven developer of musicians, vocalists, and teams.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship including sound, lighting, computers (esp. Mac -Keynote, and Planning Center Online).
- Good organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Pastoral Team with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensure that all aspects of the service compliment the sermon series.
- Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Include a variety of traditional and contemporary songs, staying current on trends in worship music.
- Recruit and lead worship team singers and instrumentalists and prepare them through regular rehearsals to lead the congregation in worship.
- Oversee an adult choir, fitting musical selections into the flow of worship.
- Oversee/support Cherub and Children’s Choir
- Support children and youth ministry Worship Teams
- Be available for special services including funerals, communion services, and other special programs.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our church’s vision for ministry.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com