May 15, 2020 – Plans for Reopening HUMC
Please read these important FAQs for the most up-to-date information about HUMC’s COVID19 response and next steps.
March 13, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Our church has made a decision to fully cooperate with the State of Pennsylvania and the plan of Governor Tom Wolf for the mitigation of the coronavirus. To this end…
All physical gatherings will be suspended until further notice.
I am grateful for the team of pastors, staff, Church Council members, and physicians that helped make our decision. I am also grateful for the patience and understanding of our membership as we move through this difficult time. The decisions we are making are not easy, but we are doing our best to work for everyone’s safety and benefit.
Additional Details Are As Follows:
- Worship services will be posted online at hempfieldumc.org/worship.
- For the period of the quarantine, all small groups, Bible studies, children and youth gatherings, outside groups, and all other activities will be conducted online as possible and at the discretion of church leadership.
- Noah’s Ark Preschool follows Hempfield School District for closures.
- Please remember that the church will still have financial obligations to meet during this time. Your tithes and gifts can be sent securely online at hempfieldumc.org/give, or you may send a check in the mail to the church office.
- Even though we will not be worshipping together we can still be in prayer for one another. Prayer requests can be submitted through the website rather than on the blue prayer cards. The e-prayer team will consider it all joy to still be in prayer.
We have no way of knowing what the future holds. There will undoubtedly be future challenges to overcome, but we can be confident that God is with us all and will bless us as we work together. We will continue to evaluate our response in the days ahead and make adjustments as needed.
Yours in Christ,
Pastor John Longmire