Since we care about you, The HUMC Care Office is making you aware of this Covid 19 Vaccination information.
This list describes all those in PA who are now eligible to register to be vaccinated. You must register in order to be vaccinated.
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Follow these directions to learn more about the registration process:
Go to the PA DOH website.
Click on Covid 19 Vaccines.
Go to Popular Vaccine Topics.
Click on the When Am I Eligible box – Getting the Covid Vaccine.
Scroll down to see Step 1 – Check to see if you’re eligible.
Take the Covid Vaccine Eligibility Quiz. The first question asks if you are 65 or older. If you are not 65 or older, choose NO and other questions will pop up. Eventually there will be a question about the other health conditions that make you eligible.
Step 2 – Find a Vaccine Provider on the map. This map is updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday. NOTE: The green dots on the map indicate providers who have the vaccine. As you click on a dot, the location of the provider will pop up. Choose the location and provider you want and from another box that pops up, click the link to their website. A phone number also pops up but it may be best to avoid calling the provider.
Step 3 – Contact the Provider to Schedule an Appointment (This is what I described above as part of Step 2.
Our understanding is that you MUST register on one of the provider’s sites to get the vaccination. By registering you are then on ‘the list’ to be contacted with an appointment when they have the vaccine. Providers are waiting on delivery of the vaccine so it is important to get on a list as soon as you can to ensure you can be vaccinated if you want to be.
We hope the information about the vaccine proves to be helpful to you.