If you are subscribed to receive emails from HUMC and have recently noticed they are no longer coming to your email inbox or are being directed to your spam folder you may find the information below helpful.
FOR PEOPLE WITH COMCAST EMAIL ADDRESSES
We have received a number of reports of Comcast suddenly filtering our church emails to spam. Following the instructions below will correct this problem for Comcast email users.
You will need to have the password that goes with your comcast email account.
1) Go to Xfinity.com on your computer
2) Click the Mail icon at the top of the web page
3) if you are not logged in you will need to enter your email account and password
4) Once you are at the email interface through their website you need to click on “Address Book” at the top
5) On the next screen that shows your email click on the link “New contact” and select “New contact”
6) A box will open up with a bunch of fields – you only need to fill in one field – “Email 1” – in this field enter this exactly “firstname.lastname@example.org“
7) Then click on the blue save button at the bottom
8) You should now see “email@example.com” listed in your address book
9) That is all that you have to do – you can exit the browser and you will receive emails from the church from now on.
FOR GMAIL USERS
- Mark a received church email in your spam folder as Not Spam. Open the spam folder and click or tap the message. Click Not Spam.
- Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book. Open the contact list, click or tap New Contact, and input the address.
For additional information about Gmail, visit the Gmail Support Page.
ALL OTHER EMAIL CLIENTS
FInd an email from HUMC (email@example.com) in your spam folder and click “Not Junk” or add the email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book. Consult your email provider for details in how to accomplish this.