Assistant to the Director of Care
SUPERVISOR: Director of Care
This individual assists the Director of Care with clerical and administrative tasks.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Hourly Lay Staff: up to 10 hours/week
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the Assistant to the Director of Care must uphold the United Methodist policy and doctrine as well as local church policy.
- Willingness and flexibility to assist care ministry at the discretion of the Director of Care.
- Supports and promotes the work, vision and mission of care ministry.
Completion of the following tasks to include but may NOT be limited to…
- Maintaining weekly logs reflecting the sale of grocery store gift cards within the Feed Yourself Feed the Church program.
- Preparing weekly Sunday prayer cards for the volunteer who will typeset the Prayer and Care Page.
- Communicating with the food cupboard restocking and shopping needs with the volunteers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and MINDSET
- Must have shown evidence of a heart for service.
- Possess a willingness to learn and grow.
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Strong communication skills in both verbal and written formats are required. Demonstration of computer literacy skills using email, the internet and word processing is essential. The ability to work with a Google Doc and a spreadsheet is preferred. Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
SEND CORRESPONDENCE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org