- Respond to needs emailed by the Coordinator as your schedule allows. This may include donating items or serving at the church.
- Be prepared to serve once or twice during the Members class luncheons every spring and fall (generally 9:30 to 12:30).
- Serve at the New Members Receptions held after the 10:00 service, twice a year.
- Be familiar with the safe kitchen procedures. See informational packet in main kitchen.
- When working in the church kitchen, don an apron, hair net (if cooking), and gloves when touching ready-to-eat items. Practice good hygiene in your home kitchen as well.
- Help maintain the kitchen order by returning items to their proper locations. This includes the shelves outside the kitchen itself.
- If, while working, you notice spoiled or outdated items, dispose of them.
- Encourage all kitchen users to label and date their food items before placing in freezer or refrigerator. Leftover food should be divided between volunteers unless it has a long shelf life and can be used by other groups. Those items ( like salad dressings and ketchup) can go in the general use bin in the refrigerator.
- There is a team member designated to do kitchen laundry. If there is an abundance of dirty linens, feel free to take them home to wash IF you can return them in a timely manner.
- This position will resume after Covid-19