Posted 2 years ago
- Ministry Category: Welcome
- Mission Statement: To Welcome People to God’s House and Make Them Feel Part of His Family
- Welcome guests and members.
- Provide a relationship connection
- Help prepare those in attendance for a meaningful worship experience.
- Maintain a visible presence to answer questions.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Exhibit the qualities of a true servant:
- Calling: Be led by God to serve as a Host. Be willing to care for all those attending worship.
- Commitment: Serve faithfully each assignment willfully, dependably, reverently and prayerfully.
- Character: Model the unconditional love of Christ to all.
- Presence Guideline: well-groomed and wearing your name tag
- Before the Service:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of service for the team meeting.
- Traditional:. Take your assigned position (at sanctuary entrances) 20 minutes before the service to greet guests and members warmly.
- Contemporary:. Take your assigned position ( at sanctuary entrances) 20 minutes prior to service to greet guests and members warmly.
- If you notice a new person or persons who may be a guest teach them warmly and direct them to Michele Kassees in the lobby
- Handout bulletins and other documents.
- Assist in finding seats for those in need( esp. special services.)
- Answer any questions or connect the person with Michele Kassees-Welcome Coordinator in the lobby.
- During the Service:
- Provide an accurate count of those in your pew section to the team leader.
- Assemble at your assigned sanctuary aisle to take the offering and then sort it( during Covid we are having congregants place offerings in the offering box at the back of the sanctuary.)
- Help serve communion when needed.
- Traditional and Contemporary:
- Clean your pew section (bulletins, trash, etc.)
- Serve one out of every three(Four months a year).
- Approximately two hours of each Sunday assigned
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Training Provided: New members shadow a team member. Ongoing training is provided during Host team meetings.
Contact: Michele Kassees- Welcome and Volunteer Coordinator or call: 717-285-5156 x293