Shepard for Younger or Older Preschoolers
All Children’s Ministry Volunteers must have attended HUMC for at least six months.
The volunteer must be positive in attitude and enjoys working with children ages 2-6 and must be committed to being mentor to young Christian hearts and minds. This class focuses on the teaching of the three basic truths: God Made Me, God Loves Me, and Jesus Wants to be My Forever Friend. This person not only works with the children but also partners with the parents and encourages Christian growth as a family.
- To assist with welcoming families and their children
- Building a safe environment.
- Engage in the children’s activities.
- Occasionally may have to change a diaper and help with bathroom breaks which include helping with hand washing and sanitizing.
- There will be times when a snack is provided and assisting with the snacks is needed.
- You will need to assist in sanitizing toys, tables and chairs and maintaining an orderly classroom.
- The Volunteer will need to be able to get down on the floor to play, read and engage with the children.
- The preparation time is minimal
- Arrival time each Sunday is by 9:45 to go over the lesson plan. (This plan will be emailed mid-week for you to review prior to Sunday.)
- This position rotates-one month on, then two months off, or by discussing availability with the Preschool Coordinator Wendy Matchett.
Safe Sanctuary Training and 6 months regular attendance.
Please contact Wendy Matchett if you are interested in helping as a Preschool Small Group Leader.