Are you interested in volunteering with Hempfield UMC and need to complete your clearances? There are a couple of things that you need to know.
- If you’re new to the church, we want to get to know you. We do ask that people spend 6 months with the church before they begin to volunteer.
- We need a few pieces of information from you. There are 3 clearances we need to obtain, and usually all 3 are free:
- Your PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- Your PA Childline Child Abuse Clearance Check
- FBI background check (fingerprints ~$25) or a letter certifying that you have lived in PA continuously for the last 10 years.
- After that, you will need to attend a Safe Sanctuary training. We are working on putting this training online, but you can review the current Safe Sanctuary Policy here. In the interim, you can contact Pastor Kevin Kresge for information on training.
Here are the steps, the original printouts of each must be provided to Michele Kasees or Pastor Kevin before you can begin volunteering:
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Click on the yellow “New Record Check” button for volunteers (Safari users on Mac or iPad/iPhone may need to use Chrome)
- Complete the new record.
- Email it or print it for Michele Kasees or Pastor Kevin
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Create an individual account as a volunteer, sub purpose of “Other: Religious Organization”
- Email or print the results and bring it to Michele Kasees or Pastor Kevin
- Lastly, FBI background check and fingerprints or a letter
- If you have been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years you don’t need to be fingerprinted. Just print and fill out this letter, and bring it to Michele Kasees or Pastor Kevin
- If you need to do your FBI background check and fingerprints: