Are you interested in volunteering with Hempfield UMC and need to complete your clearances? There are a couple of things that you need to know.
- If you’re new to the church, we want to get to know you. We do ask that people spend 6 months with the church before they begin to volunteer.
- We need a few pieces of information from you. There are 3 clearances we need to obtain, and usually all 3 are free:
- Your PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- Your PA Childline Child Abuse Clearance Check
- FBI background check (fingerprints ~$25) or a letter certifying that you have lived in PA continuously for the last 10 years.
- After that, you will need to attend a Safe Sanctuary training or view the video of the training.
Here are the steps, the original printouts of each must be provided to Michele Kassees before you can begin volunteering:
- Go to https://epatch.pa.gov
- Click on the yellow “New Record Check” button for volunteers (Safari users on Mac or iPad/iPhone may need to use Chrome)
- Complete the new record.
- Email it or print it for Michele Kassees
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Create an individual account as a volunteer, sub purpose of “Other: Religious Organization”
- Email or print the results and bring it to Michele Kassees
- Lastly, FBI background check and fingerprints or a letter
- If you have been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years you don’t need to be fingerprinted. Just print and fill out this letter, and bring it to Michele Kassees
- If you need to do your FBI background check and fingerprints:
If you have additional questions, contact our Welcome Director, Michele Kassees.